Futures AHEAD – The Middle School Program
This program is designed to provide early intervention to low-income students to set them on the path toward higher education. We do this through enrichment camps held throughout the year at local corporate or educational sites. Enrichment camps provide:
· Academic enrichment
· Life skills development
· Improved access to technology
· An introduction to post-secondary school and career options
· Relevant activities that uniquely engage 7th and 8th grade students
Passport To College – The High School Program
This program is designed to equip and empower students through
after-school academic enrichment classes and real world learning opportunities. Curriculum includes activities and discussions on relevant, grade-appropriate topics, such as:
· SAT preparation and test-taking skills
· 21st century workplace skills
· Financial literacy
· Community volunteerism
· College selection and application support
· Financial aid application support
· Laptop computers for 11th and 12th grade students
Scholarships – Post-Secondary Students
Once a Futures student enters post-secondary school, they are eligible to receive up to $6,000 in scholarship funds.
· Since 1996, Futures has served over 850 students.
· Since 2012, we have graduated 118 low-income high school students on-time. Over 92% have matriculated to post-secondary school.